The Benefits of Mentoring
- Being encouraged and empowered in personal development.
- Being helped to identify and achieve career goals.
- Being helped to identify and correct gaps in generic skills and knowledge
increasing your confidence.
- Developing and maintaining a broader perspective on career options and opportunities.
- Having access to a senior role model.
- Gaining insight into University culture.
- Developing mentoring/coaching skills
The Benefits of Mentoring to the Mentee
- Career advancement, including a higher rate of promotion.
- Increased opportunities and a likelihood of staying at the institution.
- Higher salaries.
- Increased productivity and better time management.
- Greater success in achieving external research grants.
- Personal and professional development, including increased job-related well being, self-esteem and confidence, and better work-life balance
- Preparation for the future and heightened career aspirations
- Developed networking skills